Friday, February 5, 2016

Monthly(ish) Update

Hello Everyone!

Long time no write! I am back with the monthly update, after a month away, and a quick recap of what's been happening in the development for Hero's Journey. Anne took over at the end of December to give you an update direct from the development team, if you haven't checked it out, I highly recommend reading the Year End Wrap-up which explains where John and Anne were at the end of last year and their goals for this year.

This update will be following along on the Year End Wrap-up, to let you know where we currently stand.

Finishing the Augments - Augments are a work in progress and is unfortunately difficult to talk about thus far numbered lists of "what's left" don't really get us any closer to a timeline, and we're bad at timelines. They're still working through them, but as of today this box hasn't been checked complete.

The Hunter Subsystem - Continues to be tested for its inherent Hunter-ey-able-ness. Right now, the process goes something along the lines of: Figure out potential solution, test, gets notes, tear apart potential solution, keep pieces that work, put together new solution. Eventually it be better, stronger, faster, more hunter-ey. They will do it, they have the technology. It's a work in progress

Outstanding Appendix Tables - This is in waiting for the other two to be completed.

There is still the finalizing process, but at the moment the goal line is on these three items.

In other news testing is continuing with multiple groups on both sides of the Atlantic! Hopefully there will be some recaps from them coming next month.

Until then I'll see you March 4th!

3 comments:

  1. Sadly, my interest in this game fades more and more. It sure has potential, but being stalled for so long on anything beyond the occasional tidbit of real info really gets old after a while. I paid money and I intend to keep on to that (i.e. getting the game once its finished), but the time where I would have actually played it is most likely over unless HJ turns out to be everything I ever wanted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear that, but we understand. Long waits, especially when they weren't scheduled, are hard to keep enthusiasm up during.

      We hope it does end up being something you really enjoy, and thank you for your support either way!

      Delete
  2. I, too, am in that same boat. I was super excited to be getting this and it was a birthday gift to me. Now, with all the delays and no definitive date of release in sight, the shine and luster has faded. I agree this would need to be super amazing to remove the bitter taste this project has left in my mouth.

    ReplyDelete