Friday, February 13, 2015

Weekly Update 2.13

Disclaimer: This is being written about a project that is in progress, what is an attempt to give you a glimpse of the process of making the game and abilities and powers discussed in this blog my not work as described here.

Hello! As we wind closer to publishing, there are a fewer and fewer things to report on. This week Anne received her second review copy of Children of the Sun which still needed a few corrections. These appear to be resolved, and assuming the next test copy is approved, the printing of the novel should move forward. Also, prints for the Kickstarter have been sent out to the artists to be signed.

This week has been slow going on Blessings, and we're now at:

6.5 out of 10...*

Still not quite seven, but getting closer!

So how about chapters?

2.5 out of 6

The final pass on the third chapter should be finished before the next update, and after that we'll be at the official halfway mark.

So onto your questions that I missed last week.


Anything you could tell us about Xibalba, the Mayan underworld?



I can tell you that it's an awful place and you probably don't want to go there. Seriously though, you don't want me playing telephone on this one, I can guarantee I will lose something in translation. After talking with Anne, it's been added to her queue of blog posts, I can't guarantee when it'll happen, but it is on her radar.

As for the ability of a character to be an Avatara of a god who is not your patron. The answer is more complex that I am able to satisfactorily cover and requires discussion on the blessings themselves. I am going to have to table this until the Blessings Chapter is finished, and the book has been released.

So, with that, have a great weekend, and I'll talk to you next week!

2 comments:

  1. The Xibalba question could be accurately answered with "it's the worst"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's basically what I told him when he asked.

      Delete