Friday, January 2, 2015

Weekly Update 1.1

Disclaimer: This is being written about a project that is in progress, what is an attempt to give you a glimpse of the process of making the game and abilities and powers discussed in this blog my not work as described here.

Happy New Year! We have survived the holidays and are going full bore on finishing the Core Book.

Anne posted a great update on New Year's Eve on the Kickstarter page. If you haven't, I'd definitely recommend checking it out here.

Over the holidays there were some questions regarding when you can expect to have the book in you hands. While I wish that I could give you a solid date it would only be an estimate. What I can do is you another countdown of milestones before the book goes to the printer.

So what's left?

The Blessings Chapter

It's a huge list right? But contained in that one item is 600 individual blessings. These have all been written, but still need to be edited for clarity and balance. So for his and our sanity, John has broken this task into ten groups of about sixty blessings each.

So where are we on that list?

1 of 10

He finished that first section was done over the holiday week. John estimates that he'll be able to tear through about two to three a week. I will be updating this countdown each week. After the chapter is done, the layout team will then have to make sure the chapter is ready for the printer. That may take a week or two.

I won't be giving any dates here, but I will let you do the estimation math for when you can expect the book to be on its way to the printers, the design team will also be adding bookmarks to the PDF.

In the meantime, Anne has finished the novel and it is in the editor's hands! Once it's had it's final editing pass we will be posting the first chapter here.

I didn't see any questions that weren't answered on the forums, but if I missed one, let me know and I will ask next week.

Thank you all for your patience, and have an amazing year!

No comments:

Post a Comment