Sunday, December 7, 2014

Hero's Journey Gift Exchange

Hello Everyone!

I mentioned in the Friday update that there would be a post this weekend, which promptly got away from me. So here at literally the 11th hour I'm here to announce this year's Hero's Journey Gift Exchange!

Last year, John and Anne launched started a gift exchange for the community on their old site. This year, they've got their hands full finishing the core book. So I'm taking over the duty of running it this year.

So what is the Hero's Journey Gift Exchange?

Pretty simple really, it is a mythological gift exchange. You get the contact information of another person participating in the exchange and find a mythology based gift. Something that interests you, or you think someone else might like, so long as it's mythology based. But maybe there's some cool folklore from where you're from that you might want to share.

How do you participate?

If you want to participate send me a PM with the following information:


  • Your address: Where you want you gift delivered to
  • Also, let me know if you willing to ship your gift internationally. I put this out there because it can be VERY expensive to ship internationally. 
  • Additionally, if you would be comfortable receiving a gift digitally. 

  • I'll be collecting information This week, from December 8th to the 15th. I will send out reminders on the forums.


    On the 16th and 17th I'll PM you your gift target. You've then got two weeks to go out and find some cool mythology gift for your target. Send out your gift by the December 31st. Then sit back and wait for your gift to arrive, if all goes well you should get yours in early January (accounting for shipping times).

    That's it! As with last year John and Anne want to make sure everyone that participates gets something, so we'll act as insurance in case something happens and your gift doesn't arrive.

    Have a great week, talk to you on Friday!