Friday, August 1, 2014

Weekly Update 8.1

Welcome to August everyone!

Disclaimer: This is being written about a project that is in progress, what is an attempt to give you a glimpse of the process of making the game and abilities and powers discussed in this blog my not work as described here.

If you haven't yet, and when you have a spare half an hour, I recommend that you check out yesterday’s post. In it you will find that the combat video has been released! It features a harrowing fight with a poison spitting basilisk, flaming hammers, and a mob of children with aluminum bats.

John apologizes for a lack of game updates, he has been at a comedy festival for most of the week. He will post soon, but I can tell you that the current Gangs of New York team managed to finish their story, reflected on their actions, which none of us were proud of.

But onto Hero's Journey updates! Last week Anne and John did work on the Lover Aspect, specifically fine tuning the inspiration system. Inspiration allows those with The Lover aspect to grant re-rolls to team members, inspiring them to to better. You can see it used early on in the combat video to help Haji recover from his failure to track a basilisk.

I'm excited to be able to bring you some art updates this week. One thing I can't show you is that the graphics team has been working to perfect the web's layout and all of the icons.

But let's get to what I can show you!
Alex mentioned the Norse Cosmology Map on twitter, while I can't show you the final version, I can show you the work in progress.


I also have some Hindu line art to share. The Trimurti barely beat out the Tridevi in the poll on the forums this week. So I get to share with you Brahma, Vishnu, and Shiva, all of which are looking awesome, but I’ll let you judge for yourselves.


Finally it is my pleasure to announce another team member! We're gaining a new Lead Editor, Jess, for Hero's Journey. She will be working closely with Anne and John to make sure that the final book is organized, makes sense, and is in a logical order.

That’s it for this week, have an awesome weekend!