Friday, July 11, 2014

Ninja Post: Introduction

Hello!

This is my first post on the blog, and given the nature of the internet, this is probably the most you’re ever going to like me. Future me apologizes for your disappointing you, he feels really bad. As you know, John and Anne are both working furiously with the rest of the team to create the game we all want to have in our hands. Seriously, I have no idea when they sleep, in John’s case he often doesn't.

So this is where I come in, John approached me to help as a Community Manager. Right, so who am I?


Cam Bradley, that's me. I’m a player in the Gangs of New York game. I post on the forums as Kekzakallu. Up until today I've mostly been lurking and posting Skylar’s updates for Gangs. I also spend altogether too much time trying to figure out how to not die in said game, so far I’m succeeding, I think.

So what am I going to be doing as your Community Manager? I'm going to be talking to people about Hero's Journey. More specifically, I'm going to be pushing content updates, so that you know what the team is working on, and where they're at in getting it in your hands. I wish I could be a status update bar, but hopefully I'll be the next best thing.  I will also be working to organize events both on and offline, those are still in early planning so I can't talk too much about them yet, but as plans solidify I'll get them to you. I'll also be dropping in on the forums when I can to keep discussions on track, and maybe dropping by with pertinent information as I get it.

Finally, I am also going to be taking over the Friday Blog Post.

What is the new Friday Post going to be about? The Game, Hero’s Journey. See, I’m as in the dark about the new Game as you are, I want as many updates as I can get, and now I can exert some pressure to get them. So my goal is to bring you details as to what the teams are working on, rules, systems, art, production, etc. and bringing back to to you here on a weekly basis.

So until next week, let me know what you want me to dig up, I’ll get to work.

If all else fails, I'll make crazy promises, who wants ponies?